Tuesday, November 29, 2011

30 Second Project

Unstuck by Noah Scalin. Wow! At first when I bought it, I was just doing it for the project and was thinking I would return it when I was done but this is such an interesting book! It truly allows you to take a break from your work and relax and just do something creative. It is split up into 6 sections by how long the project should take you: 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and Multi-hour projects. I'm starting off with one of the 30 second projects. I have decided to do the project called "Haiku Everywhere". For this you are supposed to just take 30 seconds and try and come up with a few haiku about what you are doing or something you are looking at. Currently I am babysitting 4 boys that I take care of every week and they are looking up music videos to their favorite songs on YouTube. They have already watched Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO (crazy, I know!) and The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco and right now they are watching Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heros ft. Adam Levine. So I came up with a few haiku about babysitting these boys, hope you enjoy them!

Babysitting now
Four boys on the computer
Bite size Oreos

Hard service project
This book makes it much more fun
Blogging every day

Phil is frustrating
Can never make up his mind
He is just a dog

Ok the last one is my favorite quote from the show 'How I Met Your Mother' by the character Barney Stinson and I just separated it so it would be a haiku.

When I'm sad I stop
Being sad and be awesome
Instead. True Story

Take a break from all your work and make up some fun haiku!











No comments:

Post a Comment